Sunday, September 3, 2017

WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOUR JOURNAL DISAPPEARS...

Monday, August 28, 2017
Still not feeling super awesome. But that doesn't matter. Mondays are too busy to be sick.

Like my online class, every Monday at 6:00 a.m. Today I had fourteen students, including one who listened over speaker-phone. Luckily the siblings pair up on the computer, so I don't have fourteen screens to try and make heads of.

Ken and Angel Cousin worked outside again; sanding and weed-whacking. The time has come to select pains and get ready to paint the house. I'm really praying we can get this house on the market before the end of September!

Before sending Ken back to Chickasha, I cut his hair (reality: clippers) and made sure he had another piece of his birthday pie, cuz goodness knows, if he left it, one of the child-locusts would devour it! I'm proud to say, he really enjoyed it.

THE REST OF THE WEEK.
Confession Time: I generally write in my journal during the week and transcribe most of it into my blog come the weekend. Well, after Monday, my journal went missing and I wasn't feeling well enough to really search for it. And I don't play catch-up - if I didn't write down Tuesday on Tuesday (Wednesday on Wednesday, you get it), I don't go back. As tired and not feeling awesome as I was this week, this means everything is kind of a blur. But I'll try and give some highlights.

Tuesday I muscled my way through all of my book orders (about 30) so that I could spend the rest of my week at work sorting through withdrawn books to put them in their genres to sell. We sold all seven boxes I put out last week and I interpreted it as a good sign. We have to get rid of them, there's no room for them and they're either going to fall over and knock somebody cold or crowd us out to where we have nowhere to move. Or they could catch on fire, which is my own personal anxiety nightmare. Plus, I know the HL is pulling more books and we've got to have a place for them! Aack!

Wednesday, about halfway through my work day, I received a nice surprise. the LD had seen my desk chair leaning over drunkenly (note: the chair, not me) and decided I needed a new chair. So she sent me out to a local office furniture place (yes, we have one) to pick one out. Me! Pick out my own chair! Their money, my chair! Sweet! I don't think I even took half an hour. They delivered to the library while I was on my dinner break, and I came back to my new sweet seat.
I wrote the LD a nice note, I was very grateful...me and my back!

Thursday, I had another reprieve for my back in the name of Jonathan. His bike tire had gone flat earlier in the week and he'd have me drop him off to work in the morning. Then, he'd walk to the library at the end of his shift and come home with me on my dinner break. Yesterday, I'd had him move a few boxes for me. Today, I made plans...and so did my boss! We moved a bunch of boxes (not just books, some computer equipment), to which I rewarded him with a large soda from the gas station down on the corner. Even the LD was impressed with his willingness to help.

Friday I got my haircut first thing in the morning. I should have taken a picture (but didn't) of the little rings that formed on the floor immediately after she'd cut them off. It's amazing how much my hair curls. Now that it's shorter, the curls don't get pulled out as much. Looks better, not so dragged out.

I also took Jonathan to get a new innertube for his bicycle. I guess this means no more library manual labor. Pity. I was enjoying it!

I chose a paint color for the house, too, though I didn't start loading those 5 gallon buckets onto my cart just yet. The color is the one here on the bottom: Bonjour Beige (tres chic!).
It is close enough to the original color; just a little darker, but will fade in time. I'm good with color so I feel good about that.

Saturday I didn't even mess with boxes of books, instead I focused on two boxes full of DVDs that HL and my boss found in the garage on Thursday (with Jonathan assisting). Apparently the movies had been donated THREE YEARS AGO and HL had stashed them there with the intention of merging them into our cataloged collection out front. Yeah. So I started in on them. Out of 150-200 videos, I got cataloged...12. Yep. It's not so easy as you might think. If I can pull the information off of them from a collective library website, that works nice and smooth. But only two did that. The rest I had to do original cataloging...which means from scratch. That takes a bit of time, especially since I haven't done a whole lot of them before and I still go a little slowly.  It's a long term project, with books in between.

This was where I found my journal: On the end table, by the sofa. Not even really covered up. But apparently I hadn't looked very hard. Hey, at least it's found!

Today (Sunday), I felt well enough for all of church, with just a tiny headache at the end. Ken had come up from Chickasha last night, so we were all able to go together. It's been nice to have the whole day together.

No comments:

Post a Comment