Sunday, March 19, 2017

SPRING BREAK...FOR WHOM?

Monday, March 13, 2017
We got the house in Chickasha...the one I wanted!
 I'm so happy; we'll be able to put all our stuff there, most especially the washer and dryer! And we won't need a storage unit...and we can keep the rabbits! So many blessings!

I sat here today, no laundry done, for hours, waiting for Sears to come look at the washing machine. Nothing is wrong with it, I hope. But it is making a funny noise as it spins. We still have it under a service contract, so we figured now was the time to have a check-up. But it meant waiting all day for the guy to show up. Doesn't he realize I have stuff to do?

I finally gave up at 6:30 p.m. and started doing laundry (they told me between 8 am and 5 pm). So he showed up...at 7:15ish. Too bad, he had to work around my laundry. The gal who was supposed to come look at my dining table didn't show up, either. I so much stuff to do and so little time to do it in, this is driving me nuts. I just found out as well that I need to go to Chickasha Friday to sign papers and write a check. Buzz, buzz, busy!

Tuesday, March 14, 2017
Early this morning, Analiese and I got haircuts. Her hair had grown to her mid-back and she had the stylist bob it, leaving only her bangs that she's been trying to grow out. The stylist fringed them a little so they blend well with the rest of her hair. It looks cute and perfect for the summer. My cut was just a regular cut with some layers; no biggie.

This was my first full day in the back of the library.
My boss wasn't there the whole time because she was busy training the new gal up front who is replacing me. I made plenty of mistakes, learned a few things, and tried to settle into my routine. One thing I'll have to make sure of is to take my breaks. Otherwise, my eyes and back complain.

Analiese had her share of learning experiences today, too. These days that I'm working, she has to do dinner and have it ready when I come home on my break at 5 p.m. Let's just say her burritos didn't have any refried beans and were extra crunchy because she forgot to cover them. We're both learning and stretching here!

Here's Jonathan's contribution for his last week:
Wow! Alot has happened this week and not just here, I am happy to hear all the wonderful news from the outside world. But since y'all want to hear about me, I guess I had better move on.

March 8th
Way more productive today, not like Elder Cramer (the Elder from my photos from last week) and I slack off, but better than usual. Practiced with distrito Alma, which mostly consists of Elders going to my mission, which is dope. Had lasagna for dinner, not as good as mom's, but still really good.

And Elder Lloyd trimed my unibrow, the other Elders act like it's a big deal, whatever.

March 9th
Had a rough on the fly lesson with Hermano Garcia (one of the head hefes), Elder Cramer and I did an excellent job, but still dificult. I love hanging out with Elder Lloyd and Mitchell, they make me laugh so much, but they also know when to quit which is good too. And I realized our districts are organized alphabetically, Elder Cramer does not believe me but I know its true. And allergies kicked up today.

March 10th
Today was alright, I just need to relax a bit during lessons, the teachers say I know what to say, I just get a little nervous. Nice thing is Elder Astorga from distrito Lehi is a great friend and believes in me and helps me out a lot, not like Elder Cramer doesn't, but it helps when they are a native. I also accidently slaped Elder Lloyd in the face in Ninja. (I haven´t played in days, and his eye is still a little red)

March 11th
Much better today, one of our teachers was out again, but our temp. teacher has been great. An Elder from another district dislocated his finger during volleyball, and a Latino Elder broke his foot, how? I have no idea, I swear Latinos are weaker than North Americanos.

March 12th
Had two excellent devotionals from Elder Holland and Elder Anderson of the 12 Apostles. Had another "friendship game" where as a district we sit in a circle and say one great thing we like about each district member, which is really great for everybody.

March 13th
I feel like I did alright today speaking Spanish. Deportes was awesome, even though it was just my district and Senaü ( the Q'echi' guys). Also did a bit of yoga with Elder Fowler, even though it's probably been over three years since I have done those poses. Had an great lesson with Solange, learned more of her need, and I have been proudly talking in those lessons without my notebook, which is extremely dificult. Oh and for those who don't know, in Guatemala they do not use padré, except for Padré Celestial, its papá.

Thats it for now, I will try and send some photos if I can.
Funny hats on Guatemalan police

Custom leather scripture case

spine of scripture case

Elder Bolton, Elder Cramer y maestros (teachers)


From

Elder Bolton

Wednesday, March 15, 2017
I slept in far later than I intended this morning: 8:30 a.m. I've been fighting allergies, so I take medicine at night that makes me very sleepy. My body just wasn't ready to get up until later!

Apparently, I got a week's worth of cataloging work done in a day and a half. Not perfectly, there were mistakes, but not enough to warrant taking a week to work on. So I guess today's lesson is to slow down, pace myself, and go over my work. Because now I'm discarding a lot of big, old, dusty reference books that no one looks at any more for the rest of my day.

Analiese's cooking lesson today was cooking scrambled eggs and bacon. She did the bacon just fine, and decided to use the bacon grease to cook the eggs in. Only, she used all of it...and the eggs kind of swam in the oil. It's okay, we all have to learn these things. A co-worker asked why I just didn't set things up before I went to work. I said this was a good experience for my daughter...stuff she needs to learn!

Thursday, March 16, 2017
Analiese and I were supposed to meet with her EPIC teacher at 9:00 a.;m. at the library, but he forgot. After a quick call to him, some instructions, and a promise for next week, we went home so she could resume her studies. And so I could resume working on my resume. Because when I go to Chickasha tomorrow, I want to stop by their library and see if they have any work available for me. If so, it would be wonderful because then we could move here without waiting for the Altus house to sell and not be separated for long. We shall see.

The price for doing my work so quickly at the library has become cleanup and discard work. I spent more time on old reference books today, as well as some not-used-in-at-least-a-decade pamphlets from vertical files that no one touches in the front. I get to do it Saturday, too!

Friday, March 17, 2017
I arose at 7:30 on my day off to get out the door by 8:30 to go to Chickasha to sign the lease on the house there and put down a payment. I was half an hour out of Altus when Ken called - I'd forgotten the checkbook! I had to go all the way back to get it, which put me way off schedule. I managed to make it there by 10:45 and the realtor was very nice about it.

Well, bummer, the library doesn't have a job opening. But I did talk to them about volunteering, which excited them because they need someone who knows how to shelve books. It may be the best way to get my foot in the door.  Once I get there, of course.

I got home in time for our home teachers to come help load a bunch of junk from the garage to the dump. One got hold of a trailer and they loaded it all up and left. One more thing done!

Analiese insisted that this evening we include a St. Patrick's tradition we haven't done for a while. Ken came home from work with Shamrock Shakes (yes, he got them at the competition)
, and we sat down to watch "Darby O'Gill and the Little People." Even with Jonathan gone, traditions are still important.

Saturday, March 18, 2017
Got up, got showered and dressed, got a chicken ready and started in the crockpot, read scriptures with Analiese and ran off to work. Only three of us today, and I'm the back person. My boss, who's usually off on Saturdays, came in for a little bit to explain stuff she wanted me to do. We sat and talked a bit; I think (hope) she likes me.

Ken had a meeting in Chickasha this morning, but came home in time with Panda Express (he adores Chinese) for lunch for all of us. He has the rest of the day off, which will be planning and packing to go back out on Tuesday.

Library work is still the same. Discarding, cleaning, a little relabeling for a change of pace. Note to self: Next week, take the cataloging much SLOWER...

Sunday, March 19, 2017
Ken had to work this morning, so it was just me and Analiese at church today. Everyone is still asking us about the move and I don't have all the answers. The bishop asked if I'd be here until the end of the school year. I said I was pretty sure I would. He pumped his fist and said, "Yes!" in a happy, relieved manned. He must have been concerned about Seminary. I intend (note: "intentions") to finish what I start!

I subbed in Relief Society today. The lesson was on prayer. I let them do the majority of the work: reading, pondering scriptures, discussing and sharing things in groups. The Spirit was very sweet and I hardly had to do a thing at all!  This is what I call being a facilitator. Analiese says lessons are more interesting when there's discussion and participation. I agree!


No comments:

Post a Comment