Sunday, March 12, 2017

MARIJUANA AND THE MOUSE

Monday, March 6, 2017
I had fun allergy times this morning. My left eye itched like crazy while my right eye was puffy and painful. Apparently, they are confused and can't decide how to suffer in tandem!

The high school sign read 59 degrees as I left Seminary this morning. When I left work at 6 p.m, the bank sign read 82 degrees. Welcome to March in southwest Oklahoma.

I catalogued some books on my own this afternoon and then Janet looked them over. I had one consistent mistake: a certain tag code that I needed to change or revise. At least it was just the one! Now I know what to look out for. I truly believe I am catching on.

Tuesday, March 7, 2017
The wildfires north and northwest of us have effected the air quality here. I had a terrible night's sleep. I woke up at one point and wondered if Ken (who was still up) had burned something or if the house was on fire! I ended up having to sleep with a mask on. It wasn't much better this morning; the air was brown. I covered my face when I went outside to go to Seminary. My lungs hurt!

The smoke smell had pretty much dissipated by the time I had to go to work. My first two hours were in the back. Things there are flowing better. Next week I'll be back there all the time, so I'll be getting in lots of experience. I haven't done books on CDs, videos, or original cataloguing (only copy cataloguing), but as I grow more familiar and comfortable, we'll add them in.

Apparently they've hired my new replacement for the front and shelving. She starts next week.

Here's Jonathan's update for the week. ...and there's pictures! Mom is happy!

So I realized last weeks title was incorrect, so this week is named part two. It is named so because my group is now the oldest group here in the CCM. So oops left that out from last week.

March 1st
Started to meet with the new Latinos and North Americans, just my district in sports so it wasreally quiet. Hope my new scripture case comes in tomorrow, and met the Latino Elders headed for Quetzaltenango tambien (also).

March 2ond
Got my scripture case today and it looks super dope. ( I will try and send photos next week) And I got myself a Guatemala patch and corbata (tie). Over half my district now is in some sort of leadership postion, Elder Cramer is now our Zone leader, and the Hermanas have their own callings, music and whatnot. So now I won´t be alone in the meetings! :)

March 3rd
Had a super lit (a term from Elder Cramer) first lesson with our new "investigator" Thomas. Learned how to say colorblind in Spanish, cause Elder Cramer loves messing with my head. It was nice and windy today.

March 4th
Had a review of my first "investigator" lesson from day two of the CCM, and boy did I suck, as I was watching the recording, I was banging my head as I watched my former self not speak for the first five minutes of the lesson, it was painful, physically and mentally.

Anyways learned a lot of Spanish, thanks to the Latinos, and got some more practice for tomorrows district musical number in church.

March 5th 
Had a really good day today, all of my district, including me went up and shared our testimonies. (which has not happend in quite a while from what I heard afterwards) Then as a closing song my district and I sang Oh esta, todo bien! ( Come Come Ye Saints in English) We sounded excellent, so good in fact that Presidente Morris ( In charge of the CCM) not only wanted us to sing it again that day before a devotional, but again in two weeks time for another devotional with an area authority present.

A couple quotes from some old devotionals we watched 
"The more you press for miracles, the less likely you will get one" - Elder Bednar
"You must ask and act in faith, and then you will have the power (to preach)" -Elder Bednar
"Salvation is not a cheap experience!" -Elder Holland

March 6th
Talked with and Elder Astorga from Guatemala headed for his mission in Barcelona Spain, who speaks excellent English and is a great help for Spanish, and Elder Familia from La Republica Dominicano and he is going to Quetzaltenango also! Elder Familia is really good with the piano, and musical instruments in general.

I tried out some yoga in deportes, I did alright for a guy who hasn´t done yoga in over 3 years. Learned more words, but that should be happening everyday anyways. :) And Elder Astorga said my report in the District leadership meeting was perfect (languisticly speaking), which is proabably a stretch, but it made me happy.

And that about wraps things up for today, I sent some photos today, and I will forward my group photo from the first week with all the Elders in it today as well.









Untill next time!
Elder Bolton

Wednesday, March 8, 2017
The birds have congregated outside and are having a very noisy conference! All sorts, too, jays, wrens, doves, blackbirds, etc., but more than I can count!

Of course, it is a lovely day. The air is finally clear and the temperature is just right. I planted rosemary this morning. I've missed it so; I had such a lovely bush of it in California! This one goes in the center of my boxes - the prominent place!

Someone actually smoke marijuana in the library - the nonfiction section - this evening. I didn't catch them, but I sure did smell it! I thought it was just cigarette smoke ('cuz what do I know?), which is bad enough, but my co-shelver went over there and pronounced it lowgrade pot. Lovely. Who smokes ANYTHING around library bookshelves? I think we have a description of the guy,  a shady-looking fellow who had wondered all over the building this evening. Gee, won't the head librarian be pleased? (eye roll)

Thursday, March 9, 2017
Analiese and I had dental check-ups this morning. She has two stubborn baby teeth that won't come out. She is supposed to try to wiggle them and coax them out in the next three weeks, otherwise the dentist will extract them. Then we get to talk orthodontia. Oh joy.

This was the old cataloger's last day at the library. I'm now the official cataloger. I'm keeping in touch with her, though. I may need her help!

Tonight's fun took on a furry shape. The other shelver saw it first as it scurried under the circulation desk. A mouse! This is no surprise to me as I've seen books on the shelves with obvious chew marks. It did disturb my co-workers, though. I saw it at one point out of the corner of my eye, but that thing was fast! (This means no pictures. I am not a Nat Geo photographer.) I recommended in a note to the head librarian (who must wonder at the craziness that goes on during the night shift) a sticky trap with a piece of Snickers bar on it.

Friday, March 10, 2017
Time to reveal a SECRET - we're moving! Ken's been made a store manager at the Chickasha (Chick-uh-Shay) Taco Bell. Chickasha lies halfway between Lawton and Oklahoma City, about an hour and a half away from Altus. So, any plans we may have had for Altus have now gone Kaput!

Today all three of us went there,

Buffalo mural on Chickasha bank. Lousy photo because we were driving past it.
looking for a place for us to rent. We haven't much time, Taco Bell wants Ken there by March 22nd. They're very short-staffed (50%) and are in need of good leadership. So we looked at three rental houses and two duplexes. We did put in a form for a house on the west side of town...we'll see. It's a terrific price for the size of it. If we get it, there will be more descriptions to come. Ken will stay there while we wrap things up here and get this house sold. Crazy times ahead...again! So much for my quiet, mellow summer plans.

Saturday, March 11, 2017
The library was busy this morning and a lot of our patrons needed our help. Can you say "Tax Season"? We get all kinds of requests about documents, forms and faxing. It was only the three of us, too, because I don't start in the back until Tuesday and the new person doesn't start until Monday. It was slower in the afternoon, so I spent a little time in the back getting my "new" desk ready.
Computer for cataloging. Little label printer on right. Note the colorful touches (via moi). The fan on the top is a necessity!

Desk where I label, stamp & cover books. Note the other colorful touches. Jonathan's pic proudly displayed on the side of the file cabinet.


It's a gray day with rain pending (Please come!). I didn't water my garden today in anticipation of precipitation so sky...don't let me down! I also set up the crockpot with ham-and-bean soup. On my lunch break I came home and made cheddar biscuits to go with it.

No rain, but it is colder. Analiese and I had a cozy night in. The soup and biscuits were perfect and I made some cookies later. We settled in with an old Doris Day movie, courtesy of the library and just relaxed. That is a special treat in my book!

Sunday, March 12, 2017
It was plenty chilly today, feeling more like winter than spring. It was overcast going to church and I (me, the hot one) regretted not bringing a sweater, at least!

The cat is out of the bag at church now. Ken was released today as ward chorister, but then, he has to be in Chickasha by the 22nd. I still have some time, lucky me. We'll see how long it will take to sell the house.

I'm so grateful for my home teachers! They are going to help us with some stuff this week and want us to make a list of needs, so we can get them done. One of their wives made the worst face when I said we were moving. I asked, "Is Chickasha bad?" "No," she replied, "I just don't want you to go!" Awwww, don't make it harder!

Ken and I went to an open house this evening to say goodby to another family leaving. To be honest, this time of the year in our ward, going toward summer, is leaving time, especially with our Air Force families. The man was in the bishopric and the wife was the Relief Society president. They have the cutest boys, their blonde youngest is so fun to watch. And the wife is the kindest person. I'll miss them.

No comments:

Post a Comment