Sunday, May 13, 2018

BEST LAID PLANS, WHAT?

Monday, June 7, 2018
I was all alone this morning. Ken had gone to work for a few hours. Jonathan had taken Analiese to Seminary and then he went on to Walgreens. Ken was to pick her up, drop her off at home and then we'd go together to Lawton to shop at Sam's Club.

He had to wait a little bit, though. I had to take my shot, but couldn't do it before because I can't take it alone! If I were to have reaction, I would need someone by my side who could move fast to give me an epinephrine shot and call 911. Ken was okay with it, but boy, how this changes things!

Today was my last live class for Seminary this school year; tomorrow they do the last online lesson. I almost got through it without emotion. But I couldn't pass up the opportunity to tell them how much I love them one more time.

For Jonathan's (early) birthday present, we went as a family to see Avengers: Infinity War. We enjoyed it except one simple solution to the problem that seemed obvious to me and it irked me. Not to give spoilers, but many of these characters were supposed to have brilliant minds. How come they didn't see it?!?!

Tuesday, May 8, 2018
I spent the night in the bathroom being ill. I was so dehydrated that, when I got bits of fitful sleep, I'd awake with my mouth super-dry and my tongue sticking to it. It's a good thing I always keep water by my bed.

After I picked up Analiese from Seminary, I intended to go take a nap. But as I lay there, a construction crew parked in front of the house and started tearing out bushes and digging up ground at the neighbor's house to lay a new concrete driveway. Not a quiet process. So, no nap.

I got up and did chores, pausing at times to rest and rehydrate as needed. When the construction crew took off for lunch, I snuck in a small nap. But only small; I had to pick up Jonathan from work.

We fed the sister missionaries tonight. We all bore our testimonies to each other of the truthfulness of the Book of Mormon. I was especially grateful to hear my children's stories of how and when they knew it was true!

Wednesday, May 9, 2018
We saw Momma Mallard with a group of baby ducklings on the side of the creek past the pond at the park during our morning walk. Analiese says May is a wonderful month because of all the ducklings and goslings. One Canadian goose was obviously sitting on a nest on a tiny islet on the pond. More sweet babies are on their way!

Pom was such a funny bun today. While she was enjoying her time on the sofa, she decided to explore/lick my iphone. Since it's not a cheap toy (I often call it my brain), I traded her for an inexpensive tablet I have. She spent a good deal of time licking the screen from every angle.
She didn't hurt it, but I had to clean it!

Ken had to work late tonight so I ended up picking up Jonathan from Walgreens at 10:30. This made a late night for me. I may not have Seminary now, but Analiese still does and I have to take her tomorrow!

Thursday, May 10, 2018
I was so dragged out tired this morning, all I wanted to do was nap. But we didn't even get in a walk because my students were messaging me (during Analiese's seminary class) that they couldn't get in to the assessment. So we went straight home where I battled with my laptop for an extra half hours (it decided to do updates) before I could even tackle the problem. I did get it resolved, eventually.

I couldn't hold out much longer after that. I HAD to have a nap. I forgot to set an alarm, so it was more like two hours than the one I usually limit myself to. But maybe I really needed it, because my stomach was bad again like on Tuesday after that.

You know, I think Pom has allergies. She sneezes a lot and lately has had a bunch of dried bunny boogies all around her nose. I gave her a tiny bit of Children's Benedryl and attempted to clean off her crusty face. She didn't care much for it, but when I left the damp washcloth in front of her, she nuzzled it and licked it enough that it helped to loosen some of it off!

Friday, May 22, 2018
Best laid plans went asunder again. After Seminary, Analiese and I went to Walmart to get batteries for Ken for TB. When we went there to deliver them, he hired her on the spot. He's lost s lot of people lately, and the ones still there are flaky. Even at fifteen, she can work, though no more than four hours at a time. He got approval from his boss and - just like that - she has her first job!

Poor Pom has the snuffles, a serious rabbit illness. She's been sneezing a lot and besides the bunny boogies, is breathing raspy and heavy. I gave her more Benedryl today, but if she doesn't start getting better, I'm going to have to get her some anti-biotics!

Tomorrow is a busy day, so I did a lot of Mother's Day Sunday dinner prep this afternoon. I know it's for me, but I'm the only one not "working" or doing school work (which Analiese did after she came home from TB) and I won't be home tomorrow to do it. In particular, I made the dessert I wanted. Ken said he could try and do it tomorrow, but his work track record lately doesn't give me much hope!
Analiese warns certain people to not touch her pizza!

Saturday, May 23, 2018
NOTE: By the end of today, I had seen two of my seminary students, one new one for the Fall, and a previous student from Altus who is soon to graduate. Makes a great day for me.

The first one I saw as I entered the cultural hall of the Norman Stake Center to attend the Girls' Camp Kick-off. She came running up to me in the midst of the crowd to give me a big hug! She's a very popular and beloved YW in the Stake, so I was very touched to see her leave her pals behind to come and see me!

That meeting (with breakouts and lunch) went from ten until 1:30. After getting home around 2:30-2:45, we had a small window for cleaning rabbit cages and her getting a shower while I picked up Jonathan from work. Then, we were off to Lawton for the Trek Kick-off for that Stake!
Analiese the pioneer

There, I saw another of my online students, also very happy to see me, and met her sister who will be in our class next year. And, the one student I taught in Altus for three years who graduates this year was there...eager to give me a hug. I also got to see some other Altus ward friends who were participating in the Trek, so it was nice to be there.
Today was Garage Sale day in Chickasha (I'm serious). There were sales all over town and signs everywhere!


Sunday, May 13, 2018
Jonathan had to work (on his birthday), but Ken didn't have any meetings before church. That meant the rest of the family went to church all together. Nice!

Analiese was asked to speak for Mother's Day. She had told us she was ready. Ready apparently meant for an extemporaneous talk. She did a good job and many people were impressed. Only her parents had something "constructive" to say about it. She tried not to get too mushy and spoke generally, but I got her message. The thing that made me laugh, but I found touching, was that she said I was very enthusiastic in all I did.

The sister missionaries came over for dinner: a sandwich bar (nice meat, cheese and bread)
Can't fit anything else on the buffet!
with homemade cherry limeade and chocolate "lasagna" for dessert. They stayed later than usual so they could call/Skype their families. Our recently returned sister texted me today to thank me for caring for her while she was away from her mother. I told her I'd do it again in a heartbeat!

No comments:

Post a Comment