Thursday, September 4, 2014

NEW FORMAT - FAIR WEEK


I'm changing my blog format.
  I can't really do it day-by-day right now.  I am just too busy and too tired.  So I'll give you things as they come along.  And I will try to remember to take pictures!

I am learning to cut back on activities and volunteering for things.  Seminary is enriching, fulfilling and... time-taking.  I am enjoying it and hope the kids are, too.  I give myself an hour each day to study for Seminary, on top of teaching the class in the morning.  I also found out this week that I have a monthly inservice in Lawton - on a Friday - at 6:00 a.m.  Which means: 1. I have to leave here around 5 a.m., 2. I have to get up around 4:30, 3. I have to get a substitute for Seminary, 4. I have to find someone to drive Jonathan to the college that morning (I don't think I'll be back in time).  I just keep telling myself: Sacrifice brings forth the blessings of heaven!

My cold is all but over, thankfully, but the fatigue has yet to subside.  Wednesday evening Analiese had Activity Days.  She wanted to run around and play with the girls afterwards but, even at 8:00 p.m. when I went to get her, I was too tired.  Sorry, kid, I gotta go home!

I did make it back to water aerobics on Wednesday, though!  Yay!  I just couldn't go with that cold.  Couldn't give blood last week, either, while I was still "draining."  Charming.

If you want to know what we did on Labor Day: we labored.  The kids cleaned rabbit cages (last Saturday Jonathan was helping someone move so they couldn't do it then), I went through a bunch of old food storage and canned goods I was given (by the person Jonathan helped move) and tossed most of it out.  Ken smoked bacon-wrapped chicken for us...our once-a-year treat!  (It is so good, but so fattening!)

The Fair is this week, so Wednesday Analiese and I went to the Expo Center in town and entered in some of her sewing projects into the fair, plus a poster she won an award with from 4H about the sewing club.   Plus, I brought some chocolate chip cookie bars to be sold at the Concession Stand (manned by 4H).   The Fair doesn't officially start until Thursday and runs through Saturday.  Thursday is rabbit day for us, and the only day we'll attend this year due to busy schedules.

She sure cleaned up at the Fair!  Her skirt and her bag both won first prize and will go on to the State Fair at the end of this month.  Her poster won fifth place, so even there she got a ribbon.  She showed both Alice and Fluffernutter and came away with first place on both of them, mainly from lack of competitors, but only got a participation ribbon for her showmanship.  She needs a little more work on that.  Still, she's starting to collect ribbons and I need to figure out the best way to show them.

The biggest surprise at the fair, though, was seeing one of Fluffer's babies!  This was the one we sold to a friend of the Maldonado's.  They brought him to the fair to try and enter him and want to join the 4H rabbit club.  Analiese became fast friends with the girl and I just marvelled how big Tux (now Thumper) had become!  Jonathan was away on base at Scouts and I knew he'd be disappointed to not see him.  His fur is really a combo of his mom and dad.  Look like mom in structure, not really color, but it feels so soft underneath. 
Little Tux in March; Big Boy in September!

Friday was a Lawton day with $700 to spend at Sam's on junk for Ken's employees at the prison.  How I wish I had that for good stuff!  But we got in and out fast enough to get home before dark.

Analiese went to Lawton on Saturday, too, for a Stake Activity for the young girls.  Luckily, I didn't have to take her, her Activity Days Leader did.  They had a good time, because she called, being silly, on her way back, to tell me to pick her up at the church.

No comments:

Post a Comment